Cooking with Love


Many say that one of the things that can please your man is not just through sex but through his stomach. This is the reason why I strive myself to be like my grandma, who cooks very well. I still have yet a lot of things to learn but I know I'll get there. Whenever I see my grandma cook, I remember the book "Like Chocolate For Water" by the Mexican author Laura Esquivel. Because, like the lead character Tita, my grandma expresses how she feels whenever she cooks. And as like what Tita did, she used her kitchen skills to have Pedro's affection. I believe that by cooking good food, this will please my man. Sex isn't everything but knowing how to take good care of your man will definitely drive your man crazy.

My greatest inspiration to cook would be my boyfriend Tom who will be coming here soon from Canada. I am planning a special romantic dinner for him, of course candlelit and with romantic music playing in the background. I'll cook his favorite dish which is Pochero. I'll share you the ingredients of my grandma's Pochero below but I'll not write the measurements as this is a family recipe. ;)

Ingredients:

dried chickpeas
chicken
pork
2 chorizo sausages cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large onion, sliced
salt
whole black peppercorn
oil
10 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 ripe tomatoes
sweet potatoes (kamote)
1 Bok Choy cut across 2 inches thick
green onions

0 comments: