Inflicting Pain with Chick Flicks


I love watching chick flicks. I was pondering the other day why I am so fond of watching chick flicks or romantic comedies. Is it because I'm a chick? Well, I can't speak in behalf of all the ladies who just love see adorable and cute boys in chick flicks but I guess this is a way for us to imagine (and see) the ideal men that we really want to have and can never (ever) have in real life. These are what us hopeless romantics want. We all want romance; we want a guy to sweep us off our feet.

Just recently, I had a chick flick marathon alone and watched all my favorite movies such as Sleepless in Seattle, The Notebook, The Lake House and Never Been Kissed.

When I thought that I was having the time of my life falling in love again with those movies, I realized that it only made me think of Jeff again. (sigh) This is my first time that I'll be divulging this little secret of mine that I have been keeping inside. Ok, here goes. Jeff is or was my object of affection during Junior College (right before I met Tom). If you're going to ask me if he's an ex-boyfriend, hmmm NO. We used to date for quite some time then suddenly he dropped me like a hot potato. He never communicated to me after our last romantic date we had then. I never knew why he left me.

Years after our "break up", I met my wonderful boyfriend Tom. I thought I'm already over Jeff but there are times when all those good memories keep on recurring in my head. I still feel the pain that he had inflicted on me and I feel that I'm still in love with him. Our "relationship" then was short lived. I am was still hoping that probably someday, he'll come back.

Why do I do this to myself? I know I'm already with Tom but why am I still obsessing over Jeff? Whenever I watch those chick flicks, I wanted myself to think that the ideal, perfect men there is Tom but I imagine Jeff.

0 comments: